WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK
Our ergonomic work chairs chairs make it easy for you to move around your patient. The small, 50-cm diameter foot base allows plenty of space for your legs and feet, so you can move around easily and effortlessly. Our ergonomic work chairs also provide excellent support in the more challenging working postures that are often part of your job. All the chairs are covered in artificial leather or microfibre, which is easy to keep clean.
Three basic models
We have three models of operator chairs for you if you work at a dental clinic:
InCharge, ReForm and Classic.
See more below and find your model.
When choosing your chair, make sure you consider the three extra functions available:
Foot-operated:: This helps you adjust the height of the chair with your feet. Under the foot base is an extra metal ring. Simply step on it when you want to adjust your seated height. An ideal function if you work in a sterile environment and need to lower or raise your seated height without using your hands.
Flex: The Flex function was developed by a Dutch physiotherapist. It has a unique and flexible seat that can tilt 11 degrees in all directions. This enables the chair to further support you during extreme working postures when you are bent over a patient. And it gives you an active sitting posture that strengthens your core muscles and balance.
Ring bar: The ring bar is not a backrest, but an attractive handle that you can grab hold of when you want to move the chair before sitting on it..
You can also choose a height and cover for your chair.
Common to all three models is that they:
• Give you optimal support in challenging working postures.
• Give you an active working posture with plenty of freedom to move.
• Make it easy for you to move around your patient.
• Have a simple and minimalist design - the chair doesn't take up much room.
• Are easy to clean.
Ergonomic operator chairs for dental clinics
Why choose a Dynamostol for your dental clinic?
Because you want the best work tool that gives you optimal support every day when working in the types of positions that come with being a dentist. You get this support because an ergonomic operator chair is based on human anatomy. It is designed for people who spend hours a day sitting down.
Many other operator chairs are shaped like a horse's saddle, a classic saddle chair where you initially feel like you are sitting comfortably. But because you are not on top of a moving horse, you end up straining your hips in an unnatural outward rotation, which in the long run can be harmful and cause unpleasant pain in the hip joints.
The same happens if you choose a traditional dentist's chair or operator chair with backrest and armrest. You become passive and gradually lose your muscle strength and energy. You start to slump and strain your back, shoulders and neck, but, above all, it impacts your circulation. Your blood circulation is impacted when working in a sedentary position on a traditional chair with a backrest and armrest.
Many of our customers work in the health sector and in laboratories, which is why we work with professionals such as dentists, hygienists and clinic assistants to refine our products so that they suit the demanding work at a dental clinic.
Why is Dynamostol the perfect chair for a dental clinic?
1. You get an optimal ergonomic work tool.
2. It is easy to clean, thanks to a simple and minimalist design, and the wipeable, cleaning-friendly cover.
3. The chair is easy to handle, manoeuvre and get on and off.
When should you choose a Dynamostol for your dental clinic?
• If you are able to choose the height of the unit/patient chair or the sit/stand desk, then choose a Dynamostol that gives you an open angle between the hips and knee. This will keep your back straight.
• If you are performing an operation, we recommend you choose a foot-operated Dynamostol, where you can adjust the height with your foot. You avoid having to adjust the height of the chair with your hands, thereby maintaining the sterile environment. This means you generally increase the level of hygiene at the clinic.
• If you want to train your muscles a bit more, we have an accessory called the Flex function, which we developed together with the Dutch physiotherapist Wim Don. Flex means the seat is flexible. This means that when you sit on the chair it feels almost like sitting on a Pilates ball, plus you get the benefit of sitting on a perfectly shaped seat. You might think you can't possibly work or focus on such a chair, but you can and you'll love the feeling of being active as opposed to sitting passively with a backrest and armrest that only STOP you from moving freely.
Which model should you choose?
That's a good question. Because it's easy to get confused when presented with Dynamostol's three models InCharge, Classic and ReForm. The ergonomic principles apply to all three chairs, so it's just a case of finding which chair suits you best. We would like to share our experiences here, although these are just a guide.
If you are short or have short legs, then in our experience the Classic or Reform would be the preferred option.
Neither the InCharge, Classic or ReForm are wide chairs. But the Classic and Reform are slightly narrower than the InCharge. This means that you can sit almost with your legs completely together. This has no ergonomic significance, but is more a case of personal preference and what you find most comfortable.
You should generally sit higher on a Dynamostol than on a traditional chair, but not so high that the elevation at the front of the seat presses unnecessarily on your pubic bone, because this is uncomfortable and of no ergonomic benefit.
The designers behind our chairs:
Dynamostol's founder, Claus Lundsgaard, designed the Dynamostol Classic, which has been on the market for more than 35 years. A functional and ergonomic classic that has given 10,000 people a better and more active day.
The Dynamostol InCharge was designed by the world-famous furniture designer Nanna Ditzel in 1998. A functional gem that benefits many people all over the world every day.
When the Classic had been on the market for 30 years, we let designer Anders P. Jensen create an updated version. The result was the ReForm chair, which is currently positioned in the market as a natural follow-on from the Classic.